Scotch® Fire-Retardant Electric Arc Proofing Tape 77 Series is a fire-retardant arc proofing tape designed to protect all types of electrical cables. Its unique formulation allows the manufacture of an unsupported elastomer that expands to provide a thick char buildup. This insulating shield
is designed to protect the cables and accessories from fault arc generated heat and flames. All adjacent wrapped cables and accessories are protected when exposed to fault arcs until limiting devices can interrupt the faulted circuit.
Because Scotch® Electric Arc Proofing Tapes 77 Series are unsupported, they are extremely conformable. Installers can provide wrinkle-free coverage of cables and irregularly-shaped accessories, easily and rapidly. This exceptional conformability provides better product control while wrapping and more uniform coverage. Also, the tape’s thick cross sections greatly reduce the overall weight compared to other methods while providing equal or better arc protection times. The light gray color allows for easy identification of the Scotch® Electric Arc Proofing Tape 77W.Benefits:
- To arc proof high-energy power cables where exposed to failures of other high-energy cables (any cables within 18 inches are considered to be exposed)
- To arc proof control cable when high energy power cables are present
- Provide additional electrical insulation, thus reducing possibilities of transferred arcs.
- Resistant to water, salt water, acids, sewage, and ultraviolet light
- Light color allows for easy identification and location of fire damage
- Can be removed and reused