Bondo® Sun Activated Filler, 00753, 7.05 oz (200 gm)
Features and Benefits:
- One-part filler for outdoor use
- Great for outdoor home use and hobby projects
- No mixing required
- Sandable in 20 minutes after exposure to UV light or sunlight
- Includes (1) small spreader under the lid
Bondo® Sun-Activated Filler is an innovative filler which has the strength of a 2-part filler but the ease of use of a 1-part filler. This UV filler is ready to use right from the can and will cure in 20 minutes once exposed to direct sunlight.
Formulated to be easy to apply, the creaminess of the product allows for easy spreading and filling. This putty does not require mixing and is great for any outdoor project. Bondo® Sun-Activated Filler allows you to make high-quality, long-lasting repairs to metal, masonry, concrete, painted wood, drywall and more. The product is formulated to be non-shrinking, water resistant, and permanent.
Bondo® Sun-Activated Filler can be used to fill, patch and repair many different outdoor surfaces and fill in many different types of damage. Some project ideas include holes in fascia, damaged painted exterior wood, holes in metal gutters, damaged roof tile, wood shingles, fencing, exterior doors, and more! The product is also great for hobby projects, such as furniture and model. For these projects, you can repair the surface indoors, extending your work time with the filler, and place in the sunlight when you want it to cure.
1. Clean surface with soapy water or a surface cleaner. Allow to dry
2. Sand the surface with 80 grit sandpaper to remove all primer, paint or rust.
3. Open the sealed Bondo® Sun-Activated Filler. Apply a thin layer (1/8 inch) of filler using the spreader and firm pressure. Expose to direct sunlight to cure. Product will not cure or properly bond if applied over an 1/8 inch per layer. Thicker applications can be built up by exposing each 1/8 inch (0.32 cm) layer of filler to direct sunlight to cure.
4. After 20 minutes continue to apply additional layers in 1/8 inch (0.32 cm) increments if needed. If the last layer of filler is tacky, sand lightly with 80 grit
5. Sand and shape the filled area to the contour of the surface with 80 grit. Feather the edge of the area with 180 grit.
6. Prime, paint, or apply wood stain per the manufacturer’s recommendation. Material will not cure under a regular infrared, incandescent or fluorescent lamp. For best results apply at 75 degrees F. Do not use below 50º F (10º C).