- 220 grit sandpaper used to shape and sand body filler and refine the 80 grit scratches in the filler.
- For use with a Stikit® vinyl backup pad and a dual action orbital sander.
- Made with long-lasting, self-fracturing aluminum oxide.
- Contains (5) adhesive backed 6 inch auto sanding discs.
- Use during Stage 3 of the 3M™ Body Repair System.
Long-lasting, self-fracturing aluminum oxide automotive 3M™ Sandpaper designed for hand sanding. 220 grit full sheet of sandpaper used to shape and sand body filler.
This 220 grit 9 inch by 11 inch full sheet of 3M automotive sandpaper is made with aluminum oxide, a tough, hard and versatile mineral that self-fractures to continuously expose fresh cutting edges. Designed for hand sanding, each full sheet can be easily attached to and used on a sanding block. During Stage 3 of the 3M Body Repair System use the 220 grit sheets to shape and sand body filler and refine the 80 grit scratches in the filler. The 180 grit scratches will then be filled with glaze or spot putty for a smooth finish. Use 320 grit sandpaper to shape and sand glaze or spot putty prior to priming.
This 220 grit product is made with aluminum oxide, a tough and versatile mineral abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide is highly effective for sanding and finishing.
|Backing Weight||A Weight|
|Mineral Type||Aluminum Oxide|