3M Silicone Splicing Tape 253, 0.0075" (0.191 mm) silicone treated paper backing with a silicone adhesive.
Single coated paper tape with a modified poly liner on the face side of the tape added to help ensure roll quality, ease of unwind and protection of the adhesive against contamination until the splice is ready to be made, used in butt-splicing many paper and plastic based materials, ideal for splicing many silicone treated materials.Benefits:
- Special silicone adhesive that exhibits excellent “web-grab” and peel adhesion to many silicone treated materials
- Silicone-coated backing enables the splice to be functional
- Materials will release from the tape backing as easily as from the material itself
- Bond strength is dependent upon the amount of adhesive-to-surface contact that is developed. Firm application pressure and proper rub-down techniques help develop better adhesive-to-surface contact and improve the bond strength
- The face-side poly liner should be removed right before the butt splice is made, as this will help prevent the adhesive from becoming contaminated and help in tape handling