3M Polyester Tape 8901, 2.6 mil (0.06mm), Clean removing high temperature silicone adhesive and tough non-slivering polyester backing.
Used for powder coat paint masking and splicing silicone treated materials.Benefits:
- Composite and metal bonding as it removes cleanly from stainless steel, anodized aluminum and glass after a 5 hour bake cycle at 350°F (177°C)
- Masking edges of overlap seams in metal bonding process where excess epoxy (“flash”) flows onto tape as clean-up is complete upon tape removal
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during bonding process
- Masking parts for powder coat painting
- Splicing silicone treated materials