3M High Temperature Nylon Film Tape 855, 3.2 mil (0.081 mm) nylon film tape with a non-silicone rubber adhesive.
Used for advanced composite and metal bond masking, used in many composite bagging operations or to help remove flashing after composite bondingBenefits:
- High temperature performance is achieved without the use of silicone adhesive which eliminates silicone residue which often interferes with cleaning operations and anchorage of certain adhesives and paints
- Non-silicone adhesive allows use on many parts where subsequent painting or bonding is necessary. Removes cleanly after 400°F (204°C) autoclave exposure
- High temperature – clean removal after exposure to 350°F (177°C) for several hours. In shorter cycles, the tape can be expected to provide satisfactory performance in 400°F (204°C) bake cycles.
- Nylon backing for toughness, high elongation, quick removal, and ease of application
- Designed to provide clean removal during masking operations in applications involving high temperature and pressure
- Advanced composite and metal bond masking as non-silicone adhesive allows use on many parts where subsequent painting or bonding is necessary and removes cleanly after 400°F (204°C) autoclave exposure