3M Electroplating Tape 470
3M Electroplating Tape 470, 7.1 mil (0.18 mm), vinyl backing with a rubber adhesive, excellent resistant to most chemicals used in typical electroplating processes.
Used for masking during many electroplating operations, including both flat strip and overlapping masks, used for wrapping, patching, coated racks and masking many irregular surfaces.Benefits:
- Tan, 6.3 mil vinyl backing, 170F
- Excellent resistance to plating chemicals, electroplating nickel and electroless nickel, milling and etching of titanium, peening, reduces undercutting on irregular surfaces
- Non-corrosive, flexible, abrasion resistant, conformable, wear resistant, clean removal, easy to apply, versatile, moisture resistant, visible
- Industries: Automotive, aerospace, military, general industrial, MRO, facilities management, transportation, marine
- Applications: Wrapping, patching, masking, safety coding, hazard marking, identifying, sealing, color coding, paint masking, protecting, bundling, sealing