3M Electroplating/Anodizing Tape 484
3M Electroplating/Anodizing Tape 484, 6.7 mil (0.17 mm) vinyl with a rubber adhesive, abrasion resistant, Tape 484 is designed to provide lower adhesion and unwind than Tape 470.
Used for masking various surfaces during electroplating and anodizing operations.Benefits:
- Translucent tan, 5.6 mil vinyl backing, 170F
- Excellent resistance to plating chemicals, electroplating nickel and electroless nickel, milling and etching of titanium, peening, reduces undercutting on irregular surfaces
- Non-corrosive, flexible, abrasion resistant, conformable, wear resistant, clean removal, easy to apply, versatile, moisture resistant
- Industries: Automotive, aerospace, metal finishing, military, general industrial, transportation, marine
- Applications: Wrapping, patching, masking, sealing, paint masking, protecting, bundling, sealing