3M Damping Foil Tapes, aluminum foil constraining layer coated with a pressure-sensitive viscoelastic polymer on a poly-coated paper easy-release liner.
Helps to dampen vibrations on metal and plastic surfaces vibrating at their natural (resonant) frequency, consists of a pressure-sensitive viscoelastic polymer and aluminum foil constraining layer that effectively converts vibrational energy to negligible heat to reducing irritating noises and decreasing wear and tear on parts. Optimal temperature range from 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C).Benefits:
- Excellent aging qualities of the polymer
- Wide temperature range for damping. Usable from -25° to 175°F (-32° to 80°C), with peak damping from 32° to 140°F (0° 60°C)
- Liner on product offers the user die-cut capability
- PSA for ease of application
- Reduce resonant noise, vibration and fatigue in metal, plastic panels and support structures
- Use almost anywhere plastic or metal contact with materials can result in potentially damaging vibration